We are delighted to announce that guest access for UAH Alumni is now free at the Salmon Library. What does this access get you?
- You can check out up to 5 books at a time for up to 28 days.
- You can access our Info Arcade PCs and, through them, have access to online digital resources with millions of top tier, authoritative research sources.
Simply bring your Alumni Association Membership Card and a photo ID to the User Services desk any time the library is open. Haven’t got your free Alumni Association Card? Then contact the Alumni Association and they can help you.
You can see our most up-to-date information on library guess access (as well as other levels of access) on User Services guide. Or you can call them at (256)824-6530.
A quickish FAQ:
- Does Guest Access include remote access to digital materials?
Unfortunately, our licensing agreements prevent us from offering online access to people not actively associated with UAH. The good news is that the Alabama Virtual Library provides many high quality digital resources you can use from home [if you live in Alabama].
- Does Guest Access include wi-fi?
Access to our wireless internet is provided by OIT on the campus at large and so is not the library’s to grant. However, if you are making a special trip in, the Alumni Association can help with temporary access.
- What about parking?
Contact the Campus Police’s parking division with your guest card and they can get you a permit for parking during its interim. You can then park in the lot off of Ben Graves Drive.
- Would this include access to the Reference Desk or the Archives?
Most definitely. Technically, you don’t need guest access to visit those services, so if you want to stop by and talk to us feel free to do so.